- no external gills (tadpole)
- eyes not prominent
- Underside not black to grey, or golden unspotted
- tail fin without reticulated structure
- back without transparent edge
- upper crest extends up to about the middle of the trunk and big
- Total length:
up to about 56 mm
Agile frog tadpoles grow about one third larger
than those of Common and Moor frog do.
Colour and pattern of the back look like Common
and Moor frog tadpoles, but the upper crest extends much further
onto the head, approximately onto the middle of the body.
The tail is obvious coarsely dark spotted. Belly
often dotted silvery grey.
Grenouille agile (F); Springkikker (NL); Långbensgroda (S);
Springfrø (DK); Skokan tíhlý (CZ)
(D = dorsal, back; V = ventral, underside)